Friday – Sunday, July 8 – 10
Steinbrenner Band Center • Ohio Stadium
The Marching Band Summer Clinic is an opportunity for high school marching band students to improve their musicianship and marching skills as they contemplate a potential audition for the Ohio State Marching Band. Under the direction of marching band staff and student leaders, participants learn the music and military-style marching fundamentals used by the Ohio State Marching Band in an encouraging, fun and interactive environment.
This event is closed for 2022.
Professor Christopher Hoch
Ohio State University Marching Band Director
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 10–12 in the 2022–2023 school year, and 2022 high school graduates. Students must have completed at least one year of marching band and must play a brass or percussion instrument.
INSTRUMENTS — Brass and percussion instruments will be available to be checked out at no additional cost. A few weeks prior to the clinic, those registered who wish to borrow instruments will be provided with a link to complete a request.
- Resident: $395 — Tuition, T-shirt, housing with dinner on Friday and three meals each on Saturday and Sunday.
- Commuter: $275 — Tuition, T-shirt, dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on both Saturday and Sunday.
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
- Full registration deadline — Wednesday, June 15
- Limited registration deadline — Wednesday, June 29
(Housing and/or T-shirt may not be available)
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 300
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MAC USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the deadline indicated in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be published here. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.
ARRIVING OR DEPARTING BY AIR?
The final schedule for each program may not be available until a few weeks before the program begins. However, most programs have a closing concert in which all students will want to participate. For those departing by air, flights should be scheduled after 7 p.m. Please note, Ohio State Youth Summer Music Programs cannot be responsible for ground transportation to/from the airport. Contact the YSMP Registrar at YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu for details.
Daily Schedule Overview
- Friday, July 8 — 12 noon to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, July 9 — 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, July 10 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The finale concert will take place at 4 p.m. at the Lincoln Tower Practice Field (between Morrill and Lincoln Towers). This concert is free and open to the public.