Sunday – Wednesday,
June 26 – 29
Sunday, 1–4 p.m.
Monday, 9 a.m.–12 p.m., 1–4 p.m.
Tuesday, 9 a.m.–12 p.m., 1–4 p.m.
Wednesday, 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
In this intensive program, current and future leaders will broadly experience leadership from a holistic perspective within a music education context through guided discussion, personal inventory, team creations, practical skill-building, and more. Join Professor Jordan Saul and current School of Music students for this four-day program to learn to become effective leaders in school music programs and beyond.
This event is closed for 2022.
What to Expect
- Adequately prepare the knowledge and skills necessary to be an active member of a school music program leadership team
- Identify and target core values necessary for authentic leadership in the music program
- Experience and reflect on multiple leadership styles found in school music programs through guided observation and questioning
Assistant professor of practice, choral music education
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 10–12 in the 2022–2023 school year who are interested in leadership positions in their school music programs.
FEE — $295 Tuition and T-shirt
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
- Full registration deadline — Sunday, June 5
- Limited registration deadline — Wednesday, June 22
(T-shirt may not be available)
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 30
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MAC USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the deadline indicated in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be published here. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding curriculum, contact Jordan Saul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.
[pdf] — Some links on this page are to PDF files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.