Friday, December 2, 2022 • 10 a.m.
Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St.
For student groups in grades 4–12
The Music Celebration Youth Concert presents most of the School of Music's performing ensembles in a fast-paced journey through a spectrum of sounds, moods and styles. Our non-stop collage style concert includes jazz, orchestral, choral, chamber, wind band, solo, percussion and piano offerings via the remarkable artistry of our student ensembles, led by renowned conductors and teachers. The artistic achievements of our students and faculty showcase a great School of Music, and provide your students with inspiration, valuable learning outcomes and renewed appreciation for the art form.
This special concert is open to school groups, grades 4–12.
- All seats are $5. No tickets will be issued.
- Bus parking is FREE.
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Count all students, chaperones and bus drivers carefully before registering. Refunds can only be made if the School of Music cancels the event. (Note that bus drivers may not be able to attend if final bus parking is across or off campus. Details will be shared when available.)
- Approximately 3–5 days after we receive your reservation, we will email Welcome Instructions containing (1) your invoice with payment instructions; (2) a confirmation letter with details for arrival, parking, attendance and dismissal; and (3) a map.
Deadline: Monday, Nov. 14
The public Music Celebration Concert will be held Friday, Dec. 2 at 8 p.m.
Tickets go on sale Monday, Oct. 17 at 10 a.m.
Additional Youth Concert Opportunity
If you are seeking another youth concert experience for your students and also for retirement community residents, you might consider The Ohio State Marching Band Youth Concert.
Planning Your Visit
The youth concert begins at 10 a.m. Please arrive at the location indicated in your Welcome Instructions (this may be a drop-off point other than Mershon Auditorium) between 9–9:30 a.m. to allow the staff to assist with unloading, bus parking, walking to Mershon, entering the auditorium and getting groups seated.
The concert — with intermission — lasts approximately 2 hours and that dismissal can take up to 30 minutes. Plan your return to school for lunch accordingly, or make alternate arrangements. There are no accommodations for eating lunch in Mershon Auditorium and no good options for a large group to eat on campus.
Mershon Auditorium does not have an elevator. Main floor wheelchair accessible seating is available for guests with mobility-based needs and their companions. Current ADA standards allow for companion seating of 3 people maximum. To plan accessible seating in advance or make other accommodation requests, please contact Accessibility Manager Helyn Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-3890 as soon as possible. Visit the accessibility webpage on wexarts.org to learn more about what is provided at Mershon Auditorium.
- Details for bus arrival, drop-off and parking will be provided in the Welcome Instructions. There is no fee for bus parking.
- If arriving by car or van, proceed directly to the Ohio Union South Garage. Parking fees are $15.25 for 4 hours. This garage utilizes Pay-on-Foot machines that are located on the ground floor and bridge level elevator lobbies. Take your ticket with you and pay at the kiosk on your way back to your car. Use the paid ticket at any exit lane. Receipts for paid parking are offered at the time of payment. Please do not lose the ticket. Lost ticket fees are high.
- From the garage, it is a short walk to the intersection of 15th Ave. and High St. to Mershon to join your group in the lower lobby.